Sharon Otieno spoke with her alleged murderer 6 times on that fateful day

0
1490

New details continue to emerge in regards to the murder of slain Sharon Otieno who was abducted alongside Nation Media Group journalist Barrack Oduor on Monday evening September 3 but Oduor was lucky and managed to jump out of the moving car sustaining injuries.

READ: Eliud Kipchoge promised a Ksh 20M brand new Isuzu if he wins Berlin Marathon

It is now emerging that Sharon had communicated with Migori County Governor Okoth Obado six times on that fateful day the kidnapping happened. Ms. Otieno is said to have in a text message asked the governor for an explanation as to why things were not working out at around 8PM.

The county boss has denied any claims of being involved in the Kidnapping of the two and later the murder of the second year Rongo University student who at the time of her death was seven months pregnant.

According to Otieno’s mother, Sharon and the county Chief were in affair and the baby her daughter was carrying belonged to the governor. According to Barrack Oduor in his narration after the ordeal, he explains that Sharon had shown him Whatsapp conversations between her and the governor with the latter urging her to abort because he is a public figure and cannot afford humiliation if the information ever comes out to the public.

The Journalist also said that she had known Sharon for a month before the kidnapping. Sharon wanted the story regarding her relationship with the governor published in the media saying that the county boss had neglected her. On further inquiry, the late Sharon revealed to the scribe that the governer had given her sh100,000 in the past 3 weeks but she lamented the amount was not enough compared to what Obado had been providing.

READ: Meet Helen Meria the Kenyan business lady helping students settled down abroad

The revelation of the kidnapping was done by Migori based Journalist Basil Okoth who shared the information on his social media pages. However since then, his life has been in danger after receiving threats from unknown people.

“Following the abduction of a Nation journalist based in Homa Bay, Mr. Barrack Oduor ,I’m worried about life since I was first to break the news at 10:22pm,Monday night after my sister who is Mr. Oduor’s wife, informed me of the incident,” said Okoth.  

Comments

comments