Kenya High School is the top school in the 2019 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination results.
In the results released on Wednesday by Education CS Prof. George Magoha, the school recorded 76 A plain grades followed by Kapsabet Boys High School and Alliance High School at third position.
The top student was Buluma Tony Wabuko from Kapsabet Boys High School who scored an A plain of 87.159 points.
Buluma was also among the top candidates when he sat his KCPE exam in 2015 having scored 433 marks at St. Thomas Aquinas, Nakuru. During that year, the top KCPE candidate registered 449 marks.
Here is the list of top 10 schools and the number of grade A plain recorded:
- Kenya High School – 76
- Kapsabet Boys High School – 49
- Alliance High School — 48
- Moi Kabarak — 30
- Alliance Girls — 27
- Mary Hill girls — 25
- Maseno School — 23
- Nairobi School — 23
- Mangu High School — 23
- Moi Girls School Eldoret — 21
Here is the list of top 10 candidates and their mean score:
- Buluma Tony Wabuko — Kapsabet Boys (87.159)
- Barasa Maryanne Njeri– Kenya High School (87.087)
- Aboge David Odhiambo — Kapsabet Boys (87.080)
- Anthony Owuor Ochieng — Maseno School (87.000)
- Mathuri Natasha Wawira — Kenya High School (86.961)
- Kizito Ezra Sikuta — Moi High School Kabarak (86.960)
- Long’ali Chepengat — Alliance High School (86.924)
- Ndathi Hellen Njoki — Kenya High School (86.914)
- Siele Chelang’at Aileen — Moi Forces Academy Lanet (86.900)
- Laura Chelang’at Ruto — St. Brigid’s Girls Kiminini (86.533)