James Githii Mburu is the new Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Commissioner General. Mr. Mburu takes over from Mr. John Njiraini whose term came to an end but recalled to manage a crisis at KRA that had seen the arrest of several employees.
Here are 6 things to know about the new Commissioner General:
- He schooled at Kianyaga High School in Kirinyaga
- He served as Commissioner for Intelligence and Strategic Operations (CISO)
- While at CISO, Mr. Mburu led investigations that saw several KRA officials arrested for aiding tax evasion.
- He will serve for 3 years.
- His first task will be restoring integrity at the authority following recent arrests of employees for abetting tax evasion and money laundering
- He had a brief tenure at CFC Bank
- He also worked as technical standards officer at the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
- He joined KRA in 2007.
We wish Mr. Mburu all the best.