President Uhuru Kenyatta’s inauguration ceremony to be held on Tuesday, November 28 is expected to be graced by about 20 Heads of State.
14 countries have confirmed with some dispatching their presidents, prime ministers and vice presidents.
1. Edgar Lungu (Zambia president)
2. Faure Gnassingbe (Togo president)
3. Ian Khama (Botswana president)
4. Mamady Yaoula ( Guinea Prime Minister)
5. Gervais Rufyikiri (Burundi Vice President)
6. Yemi Osinbajo (Nigeria vice president
7. Benjamin Netanyahu (Israeli Prime Minister)
8. John Magufuli, (Tanzania president)
9. Yoweri Museveni (Uganda President)
10. Paul Kagame (Rwanda president)
11. Salva Kiir (South Sudan president)
12.Hailemariam Desalegn (Ethiopian Prime Minister)
13. Ali Bongo Ondimba (Gabon president)
14. Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed (Somalia president)
Members of the public will be allowed to drive to the venue but only access the complex through gate 11 and 12 while VVIPs will be driven to the venue. Judges, magistrates, CSs and MPs will use buses.
Kenyans are anxious as the day approaches with the Committee on Assumption of office of the President working round the clock to ensure it succeeds as planned.
The ceremony organizing committee led by Chief of Staff of the President & Head of Public Service Joseph Kinyua invited all the presidential candidates to the last election and their running mates to the event among others.
National Super Alliance (NASA) leaders, however, declined the offer.